Saturday, January 05, 2013

Movie : Les Misérables (2012)

Director : Tom Hooper
Jean Valjean : Hugh Jackman
Javert : Russell Crowe
Fantine : Anne Hathaway
Cosette : Amanda Seyfried




JAVERT
"Who is this man?
What sort of devil is he?
To have caught me in a trap
And choose to let me go free?
It was his hour at last
To put a seal on my fate
Wipe out the past
And wash me clean off the slate!
All it would take
Was a flick of his knife
Vengeance was his
And he gave me back my life!

Damned if I live in the debt of a thief!
Damned if I yield at the end of the chase!
I am the law and the law is not mocked!
I’ll spit his pity right back in his face!
There is nothing on earth that we share!
It is either Valjean or Javert!
How can I allow this man
To hold dominion over me?
This desperate man that I have hunted...
He gave me my life! He gave me freedom!
I should have perished by his hand
It was his right...
It was my right to die as well...
Instead I live... But live in hell!

I am reaching but I fall
And the stars are black and cold
As I stare into the void
Of a world that cannot hold...
I’ll escape now from that world
From the world of Jean Valjean
This is nowhere I can turn...
There is no way to go on..."


"지금이 순간 자신의 삶을 바꿀 수 있음을 잊지 말라. 운명을 바꾸는 힘은 과거의 어느 순간에도 없었고, 미래의 어느 순간에도 없을 것이다."  - Steven Pressfield

No comments:

Post a Comment