Sunday, August 12, 2012

Movie : Roman Holiday (1953)

Director : William Wyler
Joe Bradley : Gregory Peck
Princess Ann : Audrey Hepburn
Iving Radovich : Eddie Albert




"Princess Ann: I have to leave you now. I`m going to that corner there and turn. You must stay in the car and drive away. Promise not to watch me go beyond the corner. Just drive away and leave me as I leave you.

Joe Bradley: All right.
Princess Ann: I don`t know how to say goodbye. I can`t think of any words.
Joe Bradley: Don`t try."



One Word More


XVIII

This I say of me, but think of you, Love!
This to you--yourself my moon of poets!
Ah, but that's the world's side, there's the wonder,
Thus they see you, praise you, think they know you!
There, in turn I stand with them and praise you--
Out of my own self, I dare to phrase it.
But the best is when I glide from out them,
Cross a step or two of dubious twilight,
Come out on the other side, the novel
Silent silver lights and darks undreamed of,
Where I hush and bless myself with silence.

                                      - Robert Browning



No comments:

Post a Comment