Thursday, August 16, 2012

Movie : Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)

Director : Blake Edwards
Holly Golightly : Audrey Hepburn
Paul Varjak : George Peppard





Holly Golightly: I’m not Holly. I’m not Lula Mae, either. I don’t know who I am! I’m like Cat here, We’re a couple of no-name slobs. We belong to nobody, and nobody belongs to us. We don’t even belong to each other. Stop the cab. What do you think? This ought to be the right kind place for a tough guy like you—garbage cans, rats galore. Scram! I said take off! Beat it! Let’s go.

Paul Varjak: Driver... pull over here. You know what’s wrong with you, miss whoever-you-are? You’re chicken. You got no guts. You’re afraid to stick out your chin and say, “o.k., life’s a fact.” people do fall in love. People do belong to each other, because that’s the only chance anybody’s got for real happiness. You call yourself a free spirit, a wild thing. And you’re terrified somebody’s going to stick you in a cage. Well, baby, you’re already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it’s not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somaliland. It’s wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself. Here. I’ve been carrying this thing around for months. I don’t want it anymore.


I won't be change anything but everything will be changed except me.


No comments:

Post a Comment