Sunday, July 01, 2012

Movie : Anna Karenina (1997)

Director : Bernard Rose
Writers : Leo Tolstoy (Sep 9, 1828 - Nov 20, 1910)
Anna Karenina : Sophie Marceau
Vronsky : Sean Bean




Always in my dream,
I'm clinging to a branch,
Knowing full well that death inevitably awaits me.
The fear of dying without ever having
Known love was greater than the fear
of death itself I know now I was not alone
in the horror of this darkness.
So, too, was the fear of Anna Karenina.
.
.
.
This new feeling has not changed me.
 It has not made me happy
and enlightened all of a sudden
as I dreamed it would.
There was no surprise
about this, either.
But be it faith or not.
 I don't know what it is.
Through suffering, this feeling has crept
just as imperceptibly into my heart.

I shall still be unable to understand
with my reason why I pray,
and I shall still go on praying.
But my life now...
my whole life... independent of
anything that can happen to me,
every minute of it is no longer
 meaningless as it was before,
but has a positive meaning
of goodness
with which I have
the power to invest it.

Leo Tolstoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment